A dairy free & gluten free creamy white sauce spaghetti with crispy bacon tossed with steamed brussels sprouts made in 30 min!
Just like peanut butter and jelly are a match so are brussels sprouts and bacon! This pasta dish is so flavourful and creamy with the cashew and wine cream sauce and crispy bacon and steam brussels sprouts you’ll be in pasta heaven.
I love this dish because it doesn’t involve any complicated ingredients, in fact I created this dish on the fly one night with leftovers in my fridge. I’ve also been on a HUGE brussels sprout kick lately so I’ve been enjoying them roasted, steamed, sautéed, shredded raw into a salad.. so many possibilities.
This is brussels sprout carbonara is the perfect dish to make for a special someone on Valentines Day or just a romantic date night with a glass of wine. And while you’re at it make my Strawberry Cheesecake Tarts for dessert and you’ll be all set for a delicious menu for the night.
If you recreated this recipe be sure to send me a photo on social media and TAG me at @urhealthnut so I can find and LIKE your photos!
- 1 package brown rice spaghetti
- 1 package bacon chopped
- 3 cups brussels sprouts chopped in half
- 1 small brown onion chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cashews*
- 2 ladles reserved pasta water**
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a high speed add in water, lemon juice, cashews, garlic and spices and blend until smooth (roughly 30-60 sec) and set aside.
- Next, in a large skillet on low-meat heat start sautéed your chopped bacon for 3-5 min while stirring so it doesn't stick. Then add in your chopped onion and stir and sauté for another 5-10 min until your bacon is nice and crispy.
- While your bacon is crisping up you can bring a large pot of water to a boil with a bit a sea salt and cook your brown rice spaghetti according to the directions on the package.
- At the same time you can get another smaller pot of water to a boil and cook your brussels sprouts for 10 min then drain and set aside.
- Once spaghetti is cooked reserve 2 ladles worth of pasta water to use in the sauce. Drain and rinse the spaghetti with cold water and add to your bacon and onion.
- To your pasta and bacon pour in your creamy white sauce from the blender and toss well.
- Add in white wine and pasta water and toss.
- Add in brussels sprouts, toss one last time and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve right away!
- *Soak your raw cashews in water overnight if you're not using a highspeed blender.