This dreamy creamy, lemony ginger salad dressing is dairy-free free and made with ginger, turmeric, lemon and tahini.
This salad dressing has such a bright, fresh taste to it and is completely different than another dressing I’ve ever made. There’s no vinegar or oil in it but yet its both perfectly sweet and savoury and super creamy!
I literally enjoyed this salad dressing on my salads for a whole week straight because it was so unique and delicious tasting. I recommend adding this to crunchy salads, or drizzling it over grilled salmon or veggies.
I love adding tahini to my salad dressings to make them super creamy without any dairy. If you’ve never had tahini its basically a sesame seeds ground up until they form a butter consistency, just like peanut butter. I also love add anti-inflammatory spices like ginger and turmeric root which are just so good for your over health and adding them raw in salad dressings like this is the perfect way to add more of them to your diet.
If you try out this delicious healthy salad dressing recipe, please share your photos and tag me @urhealthnut so I can see and like them!
- ¼ cup raw tahini
- ½ cup water
- ½ inch ginger minced
- ½ inch turmeric minced (or you can use ½ tsp. turmeric powder)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- In a high speed blender add in all of the ingredients starting with the liquids first and blend until smooth (roughly 30-40 sec).
- Serve straight away or store in a airtight glass container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- If your dressing is too thick just thin it down by blending in 1 tbsp. of water at a time.