A vibrant ruby red broth, veggie infused detox soup to cleanse your body from within.
To continue with the theme of detox this month I thought I would share this ultimate detox soup to kick-start your digestion. I like making a large batch and then eating it for lunch and dinner for 3-5 days straight in addition to my regular meals to really flush out your body.
This detox soup is loaded with vibrant veggies, fresh herbs and spices for an extra spicy kick. You can really use any veggies you have on hand but I recommend sticking to the beets since its super liver cleansing and its what gives this detox soup its unique ruby red broth.
I think everyday should be a mini detox whether its drinking lemon water in the morning, an afternoon green juice or smoothie and/or loads of detoxifying veggies and herbs. Everyday our body comes into contact with toxins so its good to help your body out by eating clean wholesome foods.
I really like cubing up some fresh avocado right on top or having some flax crackers and hummus on the side for a complete meal.
If you try this detox soup out and eat for a few days straight in a row I would love to hear how you felt at the end of it? Let me know in the comments down below. Also be sure to TAG me in your photos @urhealthnut and use the hashtag #DETOXJANUARY on TWITTER, INSTA and SNAPCHAT so I can find and like them!
- Makes 6 servings
- 8 cups of filtered water
- ¼ savoury cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium beets
- 4 carrots
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 inch ginger root
- ¼ cup loosely packed cilantro
- ¼ cup loosely packed parsley
- 1 med brown onion
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 dried bay leaves
- ½ tbsp. turmeric powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Wash, peel and chop all the veggies.
- In a large soup pot on low-med heat, warm up olive oil and sauté onions and garlic for 3-5 min until onions are translucent.
- Next, add in all the veggies into the pot and top with spices and water.
- Turn up the heat to med-high and bring up to boil.
- Once boiled, give it a stir, lower the heat and simmer with the lid on for 30-40 min.
- Once cooked you can remove the bay leaves and serve!