Easy one bite homemade “Rolo” with a date caramel center covered in chocolate. Take that Halloween cravings!
These homemade chocolate Rolos are the easiest but cutest chocolates to make for Halloween especially if you’re having a party. I even wrapped them in gold foil to make them look like the real deal- remember it’s the little things that matter.
Although these little guys are pre-portioned into bite sized pieces feel free to have a few since they’re made with real foods and contain no dairy, gluten and refined sugars. As a kid I use to love unwrapping each Rolo and enjoying the caramel chocolate combination one Rolo at a time haha. Can you tell I’ve always been a sweets kind of person?
CHEWY DATE CARAMEL
DAIRY & GLUTEN FREE
When you bite into these homemade chocolates you’ll be so surprised on how close to the real thing they taste. Mind you they do have peanut butter in them so they sort of remind me of a peanut butter cup too.. But that’s never a bad thing in my mind.
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 10 medjool dates
- ½ cup honey
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter with sea salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- In a food processor blend together dates until a ball forms.
- In a small saucepan melt together honey, peanut butter and vanilla until combined and have a caramel texture. Add to food processor with the date dough ball and blend together until smooth. You can stop and scrap half way through if needed. And refrigerate for 30 min to harden.
- In a *double boiler melt together chocolate chips and coconut oil. Make sure to constantly stir until melted so it doesn’t burn. And then transfer melted chocolate to a squeeze bottle (I used this one).
- Start squeezing in your melted chocolate 1/3 way full into each chocolate mold (I used this one) making sure to coat the sides. And refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove caramel from fridge and roll out mini balls small enough to fit inside your chocolate mold. I made each ball with about 1 tsp of caramel.
- Press caramel balls into chilled chocolate mold and flatten just enough so it fills the mold evenly and theres room to add more chocolate on top.
- Squeeze on more chocolate to fill the top and refrigerate for 20 minutes until set.
- Pop out the chocolates from the mold and enjoy.
- *A saucepan with a bit of water and a glass or metal bowl on top big enough so that it sits on top and doesn’t fall in to the pot.
- **You can wrap them up in gold foil paper (like these) to resemble real Rolos.
- ***Store them in an air tight container in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for 2 months. I like to store mine in the freezer and then thaw for 10 min before enjoying so the caramel is chewy.