Super Easy Fall inspired Apple Cinnamon French Toast! Soft sourdough bread spiced with sweetness and cinnamon, topped with caramelized apples and Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts. Healthy, nutritious, and absolutely delicious.
By now you know that I’m a breakfast nut, so what better way to start off your morning than with my healthy French Toast recipe! It’s sweet, eggy and packed with cinnamon and maple flavours; your kitchen is going to smell DIVINE making these. So, being apple picking season and all, pick up some delicious farm apples and create this absolutely mouthwatering Apple Cinnamon French Toast recipe.
I’m sure you’ve had French toast many times, but I’m taking these to the next level with New Manitoba Harvest Hemp Toppers. They’re hemp hearts, but mixed with some amazing flavours like the one I’m using today – Maple Cinnamon! I love using Hemp hearts in my recipes because they’re an excellent way to incorporate plant based protein into your dish, and these ones give you a little kick of flavour for extra pizazz.
Now, are you ready to make a sweet, fall inspired brunch dish? Start off with some sourdough bread – thickly sliced – to give it that luxurious French toast feel. Then, dip it in my homemade sweet cinnamon egg custard to soak up some amazing flavours. By the way, Matt picked up these farm fresh eggs from a local farm for this recipe and they were incredible! I highly recommend going to a local farm, or farmers market to try some out. Back to business, pan sear that toast and finish it off with some fresh caramelized apples and top with Manitoba Harvest Maple Cinnamon Hemp Heart toppers. And because I’m oh so Canadian, smother your toast stack in some pure, Canadian maple syrup. Get ready for this dish to just melt in your mouth. It’s like Fall, on a plate, and it’s guaranteed to please; healthy, nutritious, and absolutely delicious.
Make this super easy French toast recipe for your next breakfast or brunch date, and I promise that the hardest part will be waiting for it to cook while your kitchen smells so amazing. Don’t forget to share a photo of your creation on social media using the hashtag #HEALTHNUTEATS so I can find and like it!
- 6 eggs
- 6 thick slices of organic sourdough bread
- ¾ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Apple cinnamon topping:
- 2 apples sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup Maple & Cinnamon Hemp Heart Toppers
- Using a serrated knife, slice your bread into 1 inch thick slices. For best results, allow sliced bread to sit out overnight to dry out or place on a cookie tray in the oven on the lowest setting for 5 min with the door cracked open*
- In a medium size bowl, crack your eggs, add soy milk, spices, and maple syrup and whisk until combined
- Pour the whisked batter into a deep shallow bowl. Soak the bread slices for 3 minutes or more on each side or until you’re sure the batter is well absorbed. Transfer to a baking sheet
- In a large non-stick skillet on medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Once hot, place toast on the skillet and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove toast and plate.
- In the same skillet on low-medium heat, add some more coconut oil. When melted, add sliced apples, cinnamon, sea salt and maple syrup. Stir consistently for 3-5 minutes until apples are slightly browned. In the last 30 seconds, sprinkle on Manitoba Hemp Heart toppers, and toss one last time. Pour over your toast stack. Slather with Pure Maple Syrup.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy
*Note: drying out the bread prior to soaking allows it to absorb more of the egg custard batter without getting mushy and falling apart.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods. I was compensated for my time and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting HealthNut Nutrition and allowing me to bring healthy and delicious recipes to all my amazing viewers.