Easy Gluten free Shrimp linguine tossed in a light savoury tomato sauce and topped with garlic sautéed shrimps; it’s creamy, flavourful, and ready in 30 min.
By popular demand, Creamy Shrimp Linguine! This recipe has been so highly requested lately that I just couldn’t hold out on you any longer. It starts off with my favourite; brown rice linguine pasta, tossed and topped with a creamy tomato sauce and garlic sautéed shrimp- oh m g. You will love it.
Growing up in a Portuguese household, I have my go-to family dishes that really just bring out those authentic flavours that I love. This one is adapted from my grandparents’ recipe; it’s creamy, flavourful and satisfying, and best of all it’s so easy to make. AND since it’s made with brown rice pasta you’ll know its gluten free so your taste buds and tummy will be equally satisfied.
The shrimps are sautéed with butter, garlic and onions, and splashed with a touch of lemon for a little extra zing; toss in the pasta and sauce and you have yourself a light, but truly savoury, easy dinner idea. This combination is just divine and I can’t wait for you to try it.
So pour yourself a glass of wine, and make this one for dinner tonight; it’s best straight out the pan, hot and creamy. Don’t forget to share a photo of your creation on social media using the hashtag #healthnuteats so I can find and like it!
- ½ cup beer (gluten free if sensitive)
- 2 ladles of reserved pasta water
- 1 tbsp. chili flakes
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. unsalted organic butter
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 package of brown rice fettuccine or linguine
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Salt n pepper to taste
- 4 cups raw frozen Jumping shrimp peeled with tails on
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup premade pasta sauce
- Optional: fresh basil and whole green or black olives for garnish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add in your brown rice pasta and stir until all pieces are submerged. Cook as per package directions, usually just under 10 minutes. Once pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan on medium to high heat, heat up olive oil, add onion and garlic, and give it a stir. Sauté until the onions are slightly translucent, then add the shrimp and butter and stir until the butter is melted.
- Add beer and a squeeze of lemon juice and set on medium heat to simmer until the shrimp start to turn pink
- Add the pasta sauce, fresh basil and spices. Stir until well combined. Cook for a few minutes to help the sauce thicken
- Add in your cooked pasta and stir until evenly coated. Add in the reserved pasta water and stir to make the sauce creamier.
- Remove from heat, top with fresh basil and serve.