Grilled chicken strips wrapped in a gluten free tortilla, loaded with fresh tomato and avocado, then smothered in a dairy free homemade Caesar dressing.
Lunch around here just got 100 times better with this super satisfying and delicious chicken Caesar wrap. For days when you’re looking for a little more than just sliced bread for your back to school lunch, you can switch things up for a wrap instead.
This is the perfect go-to healthy lunch idea; there’s nothing better than strips of fresh organic chicken, pan grilled to perfection then layered onto a brown rice tortilla. Stuff it with fresh tomatoes, avocado and drizzle on the BEST homemade Caesar dressing you will ever make – right in your own kitchen. That’s wrapped up perfection if you ask me 😉
Not a chicken lover? Substitute in grilled tofu or roasted cauliflower. No matter what the combination, this dressing and veggie combo will work well with it.
If you recreate this recipe be sure to send me a photo using the hashtag #HEALTHNUTEATS on social media so I can easily find and like your photo!! I love seeing your HealthNut recreations ????
- Makes 6 wraps
- 2 organic free range chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch strips)
- 1-2 vine ripe tomatoes sliced
- 3-6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 large ripe avocado sliced
- 4-6 brown rice tortilla wraps
- Dairy free Caesar dressing (recipe below)
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight in water)
- 6 tbsp. filtered water
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil - 1⁄2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. minced capers
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a non stick pan to medium-high; add a bit of olive oil and pan grill the chicken strips for 3-5 min per side. Set aside to cool.
- Lay down a large tortilla wrap and layer on lettuce, chicken, tomato, avocado and drizzle on your homemade Caesar dressing.
- In a blender combine soaked cashews and filtered water and blend until you reach a smooth consistency. 2. Next, in a medium bowl add in your capers, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, mustard and pepper.
- Using a whisk slowly add in your olive oil to emulsify the lemon juice with the oil for a creamy texture.
- Slowly, add in cashew cream and mix well until combined.
- *Store the dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- **For best results, assemble the wraps the night before or morning of your packed lunch. This will keep them crisp and fresh instead of getting on the softer side.
- ***Store any leftover caesar dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.