Get your s’mores fix on this summer with this decadent, creamy and dairy-free, no-bake s’mores cheesecake bars that are loaded with toasted marshmallows, chocolate, and with a homemade graham cracker crust.
If you’re spending your summer nights at the campfire roasting marshmallows then these are the perfect summer days snack to continue the craving! These chilled no-bake s’mores cheesecake bars are decadent, creamy and loaded with toppings. They’re surprisingly super easy to whip up and because they’re no bake, that means no turning on that hot oven when it’s already 40 degrees Celsius outside… yup it’s been that hot in Toronto lately.
Let’s take a look at this glorious creation. First we’ve got a layer of a nutty, chewy graham cracker crust made from pecans, dates, coconut, oats and a little spice. Then there’s a creamy, dairy-free cheesecake filling layer that’s just slightly tangy and loaded with chocolate, toasted marshmallows and a graham cracker crumble. Finally, we top it off with a drizzle of melted chocolate…is your mouth watering yet?
These s’mores cheesecake bars are the perfect treat to enjoy this summer – no campfire needed. You can also cut them up into bars to take to a backyard bbq, they’re sure to disappear quickly!
When you recreate these no-bake s’mores cheesecake bars, make sure to tag your photo on social media using the hashtag #HEALTHNUTEATS so I can easily find it and like it! I love seeing all of your healthy creations 🙂
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup (roughly 9-10) medjool dates
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (melted and cooled to room temp)
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (solid)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup reserved crust mixture
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- In a food processor; blend together oats, pecans, cinnamon and sea salt until you reach a semi fine crumble (roughly 15 secs). Then add in the medjool dates and blend. Slowly add in the melted coconut oil until combined so that the mixture sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
- Coat an 8x8 inch pan with coconut oil (helps the parchment paper stick better) and line the pan with parchment paper so it overlaps the edges. This will make it easier to pull out the bars after freezing.
- Pour the crust you made in step 1 onto the parchment lined pan (reserving a ¼ cup for topping). Press the mixture into the lined pan with your fingers until level and firm. Place in the freezer to firm up while you make the filling.
- In a high-speed blender, blend together cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla, coconut milk, and sea salt until smooth and silky.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over top of the graham cracker crust layer and smooth out with a rubber spatula. Place back in the freezer for 4 hours until set.
- Once the base is frozen, take it out of the freezer and sprinkle with the reserved graham cracker crust, chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- OPTIONAL: Marshmallow Toasting: Using a small baking torch, slightly toast the tops of the marshmallows. You can also spread out your marshmallows on a baking tray and place in the oven on broil just until the tops start to sizzle and turn brown. Watch it closely though because they can burn quickly! Then just sprinkle them onto your cheesecake base.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Make your chocolate drizzle by melting chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler (sauce pan with water and a glass bowl over top) on the stove top on low heat, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn. Drizzle the chocolate sauce all over the bars and place back in the freezer for 10 min so everything can harden up. Once ready to serve, take out of the freezer and let the base sit for 10 min to slight thaw so you can cut it up into portion sized bars.