This mouth watering, sweet Blueberry Peach Cobbler is filled with fresh summer flavours and baked with a fluffy sweet and savoury Hemp & pecan biscuit right on top.
Summer is officially here! That means smores by the campfire, burgers, corn on the cob and my new favourite- cobbler! Since peaches are in season, this is the perfect time to savour their sweet taste while they ‘re at their ripest in this gorgeous summer recipe. Move over pies and crisps because cobbler just stepped in and he’s all the rage.
I’m sure just about everyone and their mother has tried and loved a good peach crisp, crumble or pie, but who here has actually tried a cobbler? I don’t know if it’s just me, but until I created this recipe I had never had a cobbler before and boy, was I missing out! Let me tell you that I am now a cobbler fan all the way.
A cobbler can be made in so many different ways but it’s basically a layer of fruit topped with a biscuit or pie crust. Baking pies, crumbles, crisps or in today’s case; cobblers are the perfect solution to use up left over ripened fruit before it goes bad. Remember the saying “bruise like a peach?” that’s because once ripe; peaches are very fragile and should be baked or eaten right away before they become a lost, mushy cause. So whip up this recipe while the season is here, because it’s just so satisfying to bake with fresh ripened fruit instead of the frozen stuff we’re stuck with all winter long- yes I’m talking to all my fellow Canadians out there.
This Blueberry Peach Cobbler is sweet and tangy with an infusion of orange and a warm, fluffy pecan and Hemp Heart baked biscuit right on top. You’re basically getting a healthy dose of fiber, protein, antioxidants and healthy fats in every bite!
And can we just talk about that biscuit on this delicious cobbler? It’s oh-so hearty with the combination of oats, Hemp Hearts and pecans while the coconut oil flaked throughout the dough keeps it light and fluffy. This biscuit just melts in your mouth, I promise. Try this blueberry peach cobbler straight out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, and you’ll be in heaven.
When you make this blueberry peach cobbler – which I highly recommend you do – be sure to share a photo of your masterpiece using the hashtag #HEALTHNUTEATS so I can easily find and like your food pics! Your post could also be featured on my Instagram account on my #FANFOODFRIDAYS, so get baking!
Thank you to Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods for sponsoring this video. I love and support this amazing Canadian brand and all opinions expressed are honest and my own.
- 6-8 ripe peaches (sliced)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp light spelt flour
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1/4 cup raw pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cold coconut oil (cubed)*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup soy milk + 1/2 tbsp ACV
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, add all the filling ingredients and mix with a spatula. Pour filling into a baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together milk and acv and set in the fridge for 15 minutes to thicken up.
- In another large bowl, add flour, Hemp Hearts, pecans, oats, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and mix until combined. Then, use a pastry mixer to mix in the cold, cubed coconut oil until the batter starts to form a crumbly texture.
- Next, slowly add in the milk mixture until dough forms.
- Knead gently with your hands to form a ball. If your dough is too sticky, then add a bit of flour.
- Begin tearing off chunks of dough and place them on top of the filling in the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 min until the fruit begins to bubble and the biscuit is golden brown on top.
- *Chill your coconut oil in the fridge until ready to use.