Stay hydrated all summer long with these 3 refreshing, fruit and herb infused lemonade blends. With unique fresh flavours and detoxing qualities, they’re sure to impress at all your summer BBQs.
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, right? Well, lemons don’t grow in my backyard, so if I want some delicious, and even better – homemade, detox lemonade, I know I’m just a hop, skip, jump to the store away. Making your own lemonade is SO simple that all you really need is…
LEMONS, FRUIT, HERBS, HONEY, WATER And LOTS of ICE.
I’m sure all of you are so excited for the sun, and what better way to get refreshed than with my trio of mouth-watering detox lemonade blends that are sure to please. These are the perfect drinks to serve on a hot summer day on the patio or mixed into a cocktail for those dreamy summer nights.
Lemonade is such a staple for me on hot days, but I wanted to give you some fun and unique combinations that would blow your taste buds away. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with classic lemonade, but you haven’t lived until you’ve tried my watermelon-lavender or orange-basil concoctions! Don’t get stuck in the mindset that certain herbs or foods are only for savoury dishes… get creative in the kitchen and impress your guests with these 3 refreshing and detoxing lemonade drinks.
First up is my Blackberry + Mint Lemonade. Move aside lemons & limes because blackberry just stepped in! This super rich antioxidant drink is both sweet and refreshing.
Next up, we’ve got Watermelon + Lavender Lemonade. I just love this combination! Lavender has so many amazing health benefits so why not add it to our blend? This mix has a sweet and floral subtleness to it that will just bring beauty to your day.
And last but certainly not least, the most unique and probably my favourite blend – Orange + Basil Lemonade. This blend has such an interesting flavour mix and it will definitely be my flavour of choice for the summer months. You’ll probably find this flavour mix popping up in some recipes throughout the next few months… (I.e. orange and basil also pair well on avocado toast. Try it, it’s a thing!)
There you have it, 3 detox lemonades for the summer that will wake up your taste buds and keep you hydrated and refreshed all day long. I like to store a big pitcher of lemonade in my fridge to have on hand for guests stopping by, or even just to enjoy when I’ve spent a little too much time outdoors and need some relief from the heat of the sun.
Try them out and be sure to share it with the hashtag #healthnuteats so I can find it and love it. Let me know in the comments below which concoction you’re dying to try!
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups filtered water
- 3-4 cups ice cubes
- ½ cup Blackberries/watermelon chopped/orange segments (extra for garnish)
- 6 fresh Mint leaves/basil leaves/ 1tbsp dried lavender (extra for garnish)
- ½ cup honey
- In a small saucepan, add in honey, fresh herbs (ripped up to infuse flavour), ½ cup water, and fruit, and simmer on medium-low for about 5 minutes. Using a muddler or wooden spoon, mash up the fruit and herbs, this helps the flavour infuse even better.
- Pour your fruit infused syrup into a mason jar and allow it to cool in the fridge for about 1 hour. Optional: You can also leave it in the fridge overnight to cool and allow the flavours to get even bolder.
- In a large glass pitcher, add in your ice and pour in your infused syrup using a strainer. Then top it with lemon juice, water, extra fruit and herbs and stir.
- Enjoy right away in a tall glass or place in the fridge to enjoy over the next 3-5 days.