Sundays mornings just got better with these healthy, fluffy and gluten-free pancakes drizzled with Canadian maple syrup.
GOOD MORNING everyone! Or at least it should be a good morning just because of these gluten free fluffy pancakes that are literally going to blow the slippers off your feet. For real though, I have to say that to date these are my favourite, fluffiest pancakes that I’ve ever made and trust me no one can even tell that they’re healthy! In my opinion, this is the closest thing to delicious diner fluffy pancakes minus all that dairy, sugar and white flour that usually comes with it. Who said healthy eating has to be boring? Pancakes can be a healthy breakfast when you use the right ingredients.
I’m not gluten intolerant, but I do find that I feel better when I eat less gluten. So when it comes to my flours, breads and pastas, I usually try to stick to either gluten free or low gluten options, like spelt.
Did I mention that breakfast is my favourite meal of the day? Well it is and if I could eat it for all of the meals of the day, I totally would. This pancake creation came about from my Sunday pancake obsession. Every Sunday morning I wake up and think, what should I have today? Oh right- pancakes! And since there’s a lot of Sundays in a year, that’s A LOT of pancakes so you might as well make them good ones right?
This gluten free pancake recipe is made with simple ingredients like:
Brown rice flour
I feel like a healthy recipe is truly a success if you can make it taste like the real deal, AND know that you’re doing your body some good since it’s made with healthier alternatives. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be just about the kale, chia seeds and kombucha…it can include comfort food like French toast, crepes and of course pancakes for breakfast – all with a healthy twist!
So, if you’re a pancake lover like myself, then you seriously need to save this recipe on Pinterest or print it out so you can whip up a batch this coming Sunday. You can thank me later 😉
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a medium bowl, mash up the ripe banana with a fork until smooth. Then whisk in almond milk, melted coconut oil, eggs and vanilla until evenly combined.
- Next, in the same bowl, sift in flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix the dry and wet ingredients with a whisk or spatula until you’ve reached a smooth consistency.
- Heat up a non stick pan on low-medium heat (depending on your stove) with a tsp of coconut oil or organic butter and using an ice cream scoop or ladle, measure out about 2 tbsp. of batter per pancake onto the pan.
- Cook each side for roughly 2 min until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for a couple minutes to keep them extra fluffy.
- Serve pancakes with some natural peanut butter, fresh raspberries, raw sunflowers seeds and maple syrup if you really want to go all out!
- Note: If your pancake batter is too wet add in more flour. If your batter is too dry, add in a splash of almond milk.