If you have a huge sweet tooth like me than I know you’re absolutely going to love this spicy candied pecan recipe. These sweet little gems are the perfect companions to all your upcoming summer dishes. These pecans will “spice” up any salad combination and just make eating a big bowl of greens that much more enjoyable.
I personally love adding spicy candied pecans to fruity spinach salads filled with berries, tangerines, and sometimes even a little soft goat cheese sprinkled on top. Not a fan of salads? Well first off you must not be making the right kind of salads and secondly no worries, you can totally add these pecans as a side to your next cheese plate or mixed in a yogurt parfait. The possibilities are endless when it comes to adding these to different dishes.
Now that I’ve hopefully convinced you on how deliciously amazing these are and that you should make yourself a batch asap. Lets get into the best part… the fact that they’re the easiest things to cook up. They seriously take me less than 5 minutes to make. Not to mention they only contain a handful of ingredients, five to be exact.
- 1 cup whole raw pecans
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- In a non stick sauce pan on medium heat, add your coconut oil until melted.
- Next, add pecans and lightly toast for 1 minute.
- Add cayenne, vanilla, sea salt and lastly the maple syrup, lower the heat and stir constantly.
- Allow maple syrup to bubble up for about 30-45 sec on low heat.
- Remove from heat and transfer over to a parchment lined cookie sheet to cool.
- Once cooled you can enjoy them right away or store them in an airtight jar for a few weeks.
- You can also freeze these if you're not going to use them all right away, but I highly doubt they will last that long 😉
If you try out these spicy candied pecans then please send me a photo through social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and use the hashtag #HEALTHNUTEATS so I can find and like your photos.
Happy healthy snacking.