Valentines is around the corner so why not treat that special somebody with these delicious, healthy chocolate truffles…even if that somebody is you 😉 These babies are so easy to make its crazy! If you love chocolate than your going to LOVE these, trust me.
I love using raw super foods in my recipes, especially when their desserts. Medjool dates are the perfect addiction to any raw, no bake, dessert. They add a lovely caramel like taste and texture with the processed and refined sugars!
Here’s a close up of some of the ingredients…
Naked chocolate truffles waiting to be coated with cocoa & goji berry powder.
Thats better! Now these truffles are ready with festive Valentines Day colours:)
- 6 Medjool dates
- 1 Cup raw almonds
- 1/4-1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder (extra 1/4 cup for coating)
- 2-4 Tbsp. hot water
- 1/4 Cup Goji berries (for coating)
- Place the almonds, dates, 1/4 cup of the cocoa powder, and hot water in a food processor and pulse until a smooth ball forms. It's ok if the almonds are still chunky as it gives the truffles texture.
- Scoop approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture into your hand and roll into a ball. It will be a little sticky. I like to have a small bowl of water to wet your hands with (it helps decrease stickiness). Set aside and roll the remaining mixture into balls.
- Next, in a coffee grinder add in small amounts of the goji berries at a time so they don't stick together. Grind goji berries for about 10-15 seconds until they are a fine powder.
- On a clean, dry plate pour your goji powder onto it and roll the balls into it, making sure to cover all sides evenly.
- On a separate plate you can pour your extra cocoa powder and roll in the other half of your balls.
- Finally, place in the freezer for about 30 min to set before eating. Take out and enjoy!
- Store your chocolate truffles in the freezer and enjoy whenever your craving a delicious treat.
I found these mini cupcake cups at the dollar store and thought they were super cute to decorate my truffles with. Local craft stores, Walmart, or grocery stores will also carry cupcake cups.
I then found these heart shaped metal containers at Bulk Barn (a Canadian bulk food store) for you won’t believe… $1.49! Crazy I know. You could also place your truffles in a cute heart shaped box or cute baggies. Once again I would check out Walmart or a local craft store like Michaels for some Valentines Day boxes.
Now that your chocolate love bite truffles are all wrapped and ready all you need is a sweet note to stick inside and a special somebody to give it to! I’ll be handing out a couple of these chocolate boxes to some loved ones in my life:)
Who will you be giving one to?
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed this Valentines Day treat. If you make them be sure to leave a comment down below and tweet me a photo at @urhealthnut 🙂